Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tonight/Tomorrow

Today (9/19):

- My Cluster stats are done. Yes! Having a slow week at work. So I went down to Peet's... Am becoming slightly concerned at my caffeine intake... I don't think I've had this much coffee straight for this long ever without my tummy being upset. But so far so good!

- David came by and we read this short story that A.Q. Faizi wrote on Ahmad... This somehow led to me sharing my theory on male/female attraction levels with him. So theres the "she fell in my lap" approach and the "Go get em' kinda guy" approach and the "a friend set us up" approach... all with their own diagrams. Dave doesn't quite agree nor disagree... I think he said "I see your point boss". We'll see how it holds up over time.

- I stopped by Esther & Bill's, had a serious talk about the Institute process with Bill and did email checking over the phone with Esther while she's in the hospital. She dictates, I write replys to people... Esther says "I never had a secretary before, this is nice!" haha..Looks like she comes home tomorrow!! Yaaaahooo!

- Continued reading Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 4. Actually backtracked in my reading(and I'm glad I did) to take notes and highlight some things. I think I finished off where Baha'u'llah sees a "Maid of Heaven" called Truthfulness in the Garden of Ridvan. More on that in a later post.

- At night met up with Romy, checked out his new digs over in Koreatown off Wilshire. Nice place, very roomy, and he has a fire escape he can go chill on if he needs too. He says his place is mineto crash in should I need it ever, SWEET! After touring his place we went down to the grove and later the farmers market, had some great mexican food and people watched all the hollywood types walking by. The Farmers Market is great, I really loved the open air atmosphere and variety of mom and pop places to choose from. Romy and I picked out a great table next to to some japanese tourists, he ended up telling me alot about his law school cases, but not to a point where it was annoyingly so. (Thank God!) We ended up having a long talk on socialization and how myspace and youtube are/or are not affecting it. (You can all tell me) I think we came to the conclusion that we can't really be sure, it seems myspace is to this current generation of 18-19 years, what Instant Messaging was to our generation... how it affects how people socialize in the end will be interesting to watch. There's no doubt it helps some folks reach out, but I personally feel it can also hold people back from socializing with folks in person... because it can just take up so much of your time.

- After eating, we went to Barnes&Noble, met the most mechnical starbucks baristas ever... got tea... went down and headed to Southwestern Law School. He gave me a tour of the Wilshire Bullocks Building (http://www.swlaw.edu/campus/campustour), it is an absolutely beautiful art-deco building inside and out. So what did we do at law school? Study? No. Write Case Briefs? No.

We played ping pong and air hockey of course... to which I came close but lost at both. *Shakes fist angrily*

And that was that. Headed back to Romy's and came home and spent the last hour chatting with a seeker about the Faith and declaring. I would say I was lovingly assertive in the talk... lovingly... assertive.. yeah. The good Lord did not create me with a great deal of patience, but it appears he is intent on having me build some up this year.

Tomorrow (9/20):

- Going to take Amelia down to LAX and have lunch at Panera. Gonna stop by the mechanic and see if I can get a bad temp sensor on the audi replaced, continue my reading while said sensor is replaced, then maybe stop by the LA Center and then catch fireside at night.

Until then...
Peace and love,
John

1 comment:

D-Ma said...

Ok ok ok, I agree... no wait... I disagree... no no no that's not it... Ok, let's say I see your point. Why do I have a feeling that we'll continue this talk at a later time? ;-)

Man, missed hanging out with you and Romy... another time.