Friday, September 15, 2006

The Hospital

Do you know what the first thing is that hits you when you walk into a hospital ward? The smell...


Esthers hospital visit, whether she knows it or not, was an answer to my prayers. When I walked down that long hall at the cardiac ward yesterday I looked around and saw the people, so many people... stuck in that ward. It felt very cold... but I remember walking into Esthers room and it was suddenly like I'd walked under a heat lamp. This must be what people used to feel like when they came into the Masters presence in the darkness of Akka.

I started to think about my youth and my health and the responsibilites I have to myself and the world... in some crazy way it helped me let go of the attachment to Haifa... that there was so much to be thankful for and so much to be happy about here and now.

3 comments:

D-Ma said...

Indeed there are much to be thankful for. Sometimes I think we get caught up with what we want that we miss seeing what we already have. Blessed is the one that realize it.

Sholeh said...

Yay! Just wanted to comment. :-)

Sorry Gnat said...

oh my; i am only a hollow reed; and not always; the spiritual happened there, amongst the grit and the guy who has Sarcoidosis, and, and, and, i am grateful to be home; johnnie thank you; you write well also;